Read Away Your Fines
Kids Can Read Away Fines
Youngsters up to age 18 with Cerritos Library fines for overdue books are encouraged to participate in the Read Away Your Fines program. Here is how to participate:
- Cardholder must check in at the Circulation Desk with library staff.
- Library staff will note the time you will start reading.
- Read in the Cerritos Library for at least 30 minutes.
- Cardholder must sign out at the Circulation Desk.
- Library staff will record the amount of time you spent reading and will reduce your fines accordingly.
The Read Away Your Fines benefits and rules follow:
- For every 30 minutes that you read inside the Cerritos Library, the library waives $2.50 of your fines.
- You must complete your reading while inside the Cerritos Library.
- Cardholders under 5 years old can be read to by an adult.
- You can participate in the program an unlimited number of times.
- It is not possible to build a credit for future fines.
- Only overdue fines for juvenile books and age-appropriate books are waived.
- Fines for lost or damaged items, overdue DVDs and overdue CDs are not eligible for the program.