Notice to Parents
The Children’s Services staff provides materials and expertise and presents special programs. We welcome and encourage children’s use of the library. However, library staff cannot act in place of parents. The responsibility for the safety, care and supervision of children rests with their parents or legal guardians.
Under no circumstances should children be left unattended in the library. Arrangements for babysitting and day care should be made elsewhere.
Children left alone who misbehave or disturb others may be asked to leave. If children are left in the library after closing time, we may be required to notify the Cerritos Sheriff’s Station.
The National Parent Teacher Association recommends that all children know:
- Their full name, address and telephone number.
- Your full name, address and telephone number if different from theirs.
- The full name of the company where you work and your work telephone number.
To assist you in planning a pleasant visit to the library, we recommend:
- Children should bring their library card for each visit.
- Children stay with their parents or caregivers in the library.
- Children should be reminded about proper behavior before visiting.
- You plan a visit of a reasonable amount of time.
- Study carrels and computers in the Children's Library are provided for use by patrons age 12 and younger only.
We hope you will find these guidelines helpful in planning your visits and using the library.
Thank you for your cooperation.